The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail queue/exim monitor?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RandyO, Feb 20, 2006.

1. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

The best thing that happened to cpanel and email is the ability to limit outbound mail counts.

Now, is it possible to query the mail queue, notify admin if XX limit is reached and also shut down mail service if XX number of mails enter queue?

As about the only way to catch these jerks early is either server loads or queue size, I just thought maybe some sort of real time monitor would be nice

2. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

And while we are at it, can we set up so that specified clients CAN send out mass mailings to their users? The ability to discard these spam mailings is great but i do have a number of legit mass mail clients. An "Allow" for these users would be most helpful as we must manually configure to let them send at this point.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

There's nothing inbuilt. You're going to have to script such things yourself and have a trawl over at www.exim.org

4. RandyO

RandyO Well-Known Member

Well if there is one thing I do not do is code.

Have my hands full as a system admin as it is. I suppose I could get outside a command prompt one of these days huh?

Was just some wishful thinking outloud....