The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail queue manager just gives spinning icon above results button

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by trevHCS, Nov 26, 2012.

1. trevHCS

trevHCS Well-Known Member

I've been trying to check the mail queue manager in WHM 11.34.0 but as soon as I load up that bit of WHM, there's a spinning icon above the "results" button so I don't get a chance to actually select any criteria. It's been spinning for 10 minutes now.

Am wondering if by default its trying to load the entire mail queue? If anyone does find this, have you found a way to stop it searching and let you specify the criteria first?

Tried changing the selection and chosing just a 1 min period, but it seems to just ignore me. Really frustrating not being able to get it to do what I want, not what it wants...blooming computers. :)

Trev

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think it is actually trying to enumerate the queue first, whether it displays them all at once or not.

If you've got tons in the queue and are having that trouble, try using commandline tools.

"exiqgrep" will show everything in the queue.

If you have a bunch of spam and the sender is the same (like spammer@spamserver.com), do something like this:

exiqgrep -f spammer@spamserver.com
    - this will show you all messages from spammer@spamserver.com

exiqgrep -i -f spammer@spamserver.com | xargs exim -Mrm
    - exiqgrep -i -f will show just the message ID of messages from spammer@spamserver.com
    - exim -Mrm <message_id> removes a particular message from the queue
    - the full commandline above would remove all messages in the queue from spammer@spamserver.com

Oh yeah -- if you delete something you shouldn't have, or something catastrophic happens from you running any command I mentioned above, don't blame me -- it's all you :)

M

Infopro likes this.
  3. trevHCS

trevHCS Well-Known Member

Guess it must be doing some kindof working out, but pity it can't do that when it's asked to do the actual search.

Didn't realise there was an easy way to find out what was in the queue from the command line. Noted the other commands for use later. Thanks for the info.

Trev

4. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You're welcome. Incidentally, although much of that information is contained in the exiqgrep manpage, the following site for years has had a nice list of useful commands for those running Exim:

Exim Cheatsheet

M