Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail Queue Manager Workflow Suggestions

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Bert de Jong, Mar 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bert de Jong

Bert de Jong Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This post has suggestions related to your WHM's Mail Queue Manager workflow.
    Please keep an eye on the attached image collage while reading this.

Recently, one of our customers' websites was hacked and its account was sending massive amounts of spam.

When visiting the Mail Queue Manager, the first thing I noticed is that, unlike, for example, the Mail Delivery Reports, it auto-loads. I can imagine this is not normally a problem, but with many thousands of mails, the blue "Run Report" button was disabled and the loading animation was preventing me from changing the filter for a long time. Because of all the recent spam, the default filter was trying to show more than 37 thousand records of over 118 thousands records total.

Suggestion #1: Perhaps either don't auto-load -or- if the number of records is higher than 5000 or 10000 don't auto-load and merely inform the user there are hits not being shown.

When I was finally able to apply the filter to "Search Sender" for exactly the email address causing the problems, the result was 37,678 records. I then wanted to use "Delete Selected", but noticed that the checkbox only allowed me to select the visible records. By default this is 25 records per page. The maximum is 1000 records per page, which would still mean I would have to use the checkbox and select "Delete Selected" 38 times.

Suggestion #2: It would be nice if there was an option to select all matching records of all pages.

I decided to click "Delete All". The reason I did that is that "Delete All" is shown as a button on the area that displays all the records that match what I had filtered. If the "Delete All" button would literally empty the entire mail queue and not just the matching records, I'd expect the button to be in the top area along with the filtering options. Next, what the system was showing me is a different screen with the message "Removing All Messages in Queue" and a movable window with "Removing All Messages in Queue". This scared me. The reason this scared me is that the phrase does not include something along the lines of "matching". The phrase appears to indicate the system is removing all the messages in the queue; not just the messages matching my previously applied filter.

Suggestion #3: Either change the phrase to clarify only the messages matching the previously applied filter are being removed -or- move the "Delete All" button to the top area instead of the current area that shows the records that match the search.

Next up the system started deleting messages. Slower and slower and slower, until it was deleting less than 1 message a second, and eventually Firefox crashed and Chrome became unresponsive.

Suggestion #4: Prevent browsers from crashing when large amounts of messages are being removed from the mail queue.

I hope my suggestions are clear.
    Feel free to ask any questions if something requires additional information or clarification.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

#1 Bert de Jong, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I encourage you to submit this as a feature request to our Feature Request Website:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...