The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Queue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TooLittleTime, Jul 9, 2007.

?

Has anyone else had difficulties finding adequate documentation for cPanel?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2007.
  1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. Too new of a user to know

11.1%
  4. Don't care

11.1%
  1. TooLittleTime

TooLittleTime Member

I recently had a mailing to a number of recipients.
    After sending, what I received in my mailbox told me which emails failed and for what reasons.
    However, when I checked in WHM, went to the Email section, and went to Mail Queue Manager, I saw a number of emails still in the Queue.
    Could someone tell me in detail,
    Why they are there?
    How do these compare to those that I already discovered in my inbox as returned due to failure-to-send reasons (recipient no longer exists, box full, etc.)?
    Have they been sent or not? Or, were they sent, and rejected?
    How do I get them sent? (I already tried using the "Attempt to Deliver all messages in Queue " link, but only some of them went.)

I have scoured this website looking for docs or manuals that cover this issue, but with no luck.

Could use ALL the input anyone can provice, so as to learn from the experience.

Thanks in advance.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

All the information regarding email delivery is in /var/log/exim_mainlog (linux). If you're looking for documentation, then you would have to research over at http://www.exim.org as that is the MTA used. For specific issues, you should try searching these forums and/or the exim mailing list from the exim.org site.