The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail / Quota problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. ThunderHostingDotCom

    ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2002
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    All over!
    I have a mail / Quota problem with a few accounts. One account has a 10 Meg space/quota limit & the client has gone over that between the size of his site & the e-mails waiting in the queue so I thought! Now this is what is weird.

    1) I upped the quota to 100 Megs for a temp fix & I tried to push the emails out of the queue by hitting "Attempt to Deliver all messages in Queue" but it does not work. I have to click on "Deliver Now" for EACH e-mail! Why is that?

    2) Now I have cleared all of the e-mail from the queue & had the client download the e-mail, I made sure that web mail is empty to include the trash. I even FTPd in & looked at all of the e-mail to include the default account & it is ALL empty! The total site size is 301k but the clients cPanel says 3.27 meg & my WHM says the account is at 3 megs in size. WHY the difference & how do I fix this?

    Note: I have run all the fix quota scripts (see below) but none of them fixed the problem.

    /scripts/initquotas
    quotacheck -acfmv
    /scripts/resetquotas

    Not as important problems:
    3) In cPanel for the account under "Account" it shows 2 email accounts but the max for the hosting package is 1 & that is what it shows. Both accounts work fine. How can this be? It should not even have allowed the 2nd account to be created! We are running xController as a GUI.

    4) Lastly, cPanel under "Account" says that there are 0 FTP accounts & 1 max avail. What? Shouldn't there always be 1 at min.?
     
  2. ThunderHostingDotCom

    ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2002
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    All over!
    No one is having or has had these problems? To add to the problem, I can not update WHM & the version of RedHat (9.0) is missing from the top right version section of WHM. Below are our versions currently...

    WHM 8.5.1 cPanel 8.5.3-S3
    RedHat - WHM X v2.1.1
     
  3. ThunderHostingDotCom

    ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2002
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    All over!
    Figured out the problem if anyone cares. Deleted all of the files in every account & quotas are fine now.

    In the /tmp/webalizer directory of EVERY account on our server there is 80 files (some accounts had 40 some had 60 or 70 but most had 80) each ranging in size from 303k to 350k & in the following format...

    core.14715 1/13/2004 10:46:25 PM
    MANY MORE IN BETWEEN!
    core.23458 1/20/2004 11:11:30 PM

    Note that on the 13th we updated the following on our server.

    RedHat 7.3 to 9.0
    Kernel to 2.4.20-28.9smp
    cPanel to 8.5.5-E76
    Apache from 1.3.28 to 1.3.29
     
Loading...

Share This Page