ExtremeIS

Jul 11, 2003
Until cpanel gets this bug fully resolved you can always put in a cron for: /scripts/generate_maildirsize --force --allaccounts , I run this every 6 hours and it seems to be keeping control of the problem for now.

gallot

Oct 24, 2003
What does the files inside /home/username/mail/domain.com/user/cur/ means? I have been having this problem also on some of my clients and while loking into the affected accounts, i found files inside cur folder which seems to have cause the mail quota skyrocketing.

nightfall_sg

Apr 15, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
For those of us who voted on this bug, we had received a mail informing us it had been fixed and close

------- Comment #7 From Kenneth Power 2006-11-10 16:18 [reply] -------
Fixed in Current 59. Will appear in next builds of Release and stable.

Looks like either one wait for 59 or change their builds.

Cheers

good13

Oct 27, 2005
10.9.0-CURRENT 66
And the problem still exists. Any ideas what is wrong? They say it fixed

good13

Oct 27, 2005
Thay say it fixed in 59, but the problem exists in CURENT 66. I dunno what to do. All i can do now is making unlimited quotas fo thouse buggy acounts, but they number increasing. Anyone solved this problem?

brianoz

Mar 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thay say it fixed in 59, but the problem exists in CURENT 66. I dunno what to do. All i can do now is making unlimited quotas fo thouse buggy acounts, but they number increasing. Anyone solved this problem?
Yes - create a shell script containing the following and run it a few times each day (I called my shell script /usr/local/bin/reset.maildirsize):

Code:
#! /bin/sh
# protect us against the maildirsize bug active in cpanel
# Nov 2006 - will probably be fixed by Dec.

find /home/*/mail/ -name maildirsize | xargs rm -f
find /home/*/.cpanel-datastore/ -name "diskusage_*" | xargs rm -f
and crontab line:
Code:
12,0 10 * * * /usr/local/bin/reset.maildirsize >/dev/null 2>&1

CPanel - that this bug exists at all, and still exists after what looks like 30+ days, is pathetic and makes both you and us look like a bunch of amateurs. I'm a big Cpanel supporter but if you do this again you will be at risk of losing my business. Customer email is getting lost, so real customers are actually losing business over this, and I'm lucky I've got gracious customers. I don't know how to say this strongly enough, your QA simply isn't good enough, and you simply haven't taken this bug seriously enough. I've had my a** kicked hard over this so I'm simply passing it on to you. At this point it would be helpful to get a clear explanation of why this happened and has remained unfixed for so long (if indeed it actually is unfixed!!). Again, I remain a big advocate of cpanel - I still think it's the best panel around, but there are some serious process problems here that got my largest reseller very unhappy. I simply can't afford that.

If you agree with my sentiments this may not be the right thread for "me too" messages as there is still useful info in this thread! Just a thought!

good13

Oct 27, 2005
2brianoz
Thx alot.

And HELL YEAH CPANEL is the best thing, just a little more attention to your users.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We're working on it (again).

One thing I cannot duplicate when using cPanel 10.9.0-C66 is an automatic regenreation of the maildirsize file. If I delete it, it never returns, but from some of the recent messages on this thread that seems the case for you.

If the maildirsize files keeps being recreated for you, could you please post here the version of cPanel you are using, or PM me with the info. Thanks.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for that info. I'll bring up a test box with that build and see what I can find.

[email protected]

Nov 6, 2003
Earth
Any update or quick fix for this problem? Most of mail quotas are incorrect.

-- Or is the fix available in Current version of Cpanel only?

Regards,