The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail receiving failure in selected domain on server. /etc/localdomains config issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by host2please, Mar 8, 2005.

1. host2please

host2please Registered

Hello Guys,

I have a dedicated server with WHM/Cpanel.

The problem is that this is a new server. And all my mails for a particular domain is getting rejected, with this error message:

<vraja@talash.net>: host talash.net[70.85.88.212] said: 550-mta1.swirbo.net
    [67.19.187.50] is currently not permitted to relay through 550-this server.
    Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the 550-last 30
    minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email 550
    client. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The MX record of talash.net points to a spam filtering service who in return relays all mails back to the server.

Now, the problem is that this setup is applicable for around 5-6 domains but the problem is only on one domain. This makes me conclude that the problem is not at the end of the spam filtering service.

Next, i found that /etc/localdomains file did not had the entry of my domain.

Further to it, I modified it and saved it and things were resolved. But after 1-2 days, again the same old status was reverted. I feel that due to some reasons, the /etc/localdomains file is getting overwritten by the cpanel system. Can someone assist me inthis and tell me how can i resolve this problem permanently.

Your help will be greatly appriciated.

Regards
    Abhishek