Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail rejected by GMAIL

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by lordmwesh, Jun 30, 2007.

1. lordmwesh

lordmwesh Member

I have a problem sending mail to or from GMAIL. Actually, when i send mail to Gmail from my domain, it bounces back, with an error that the Gmail user doesn't exist. If i send mail from Gmail to my domain, it bounces back with an error that my domain e-mail address doesn't exist. The problem doesn't crop up with other providers. I tend to think shared IPs are usually blacklisted from time to time due to abuse from spammers. I am managing a reseller account, and my host tends to think the problem is with Exim daemon, but why only GMAIL?

What might be the problem here?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pross

pross Well-Known Member

does your host have rDNS and SPF setup correctly?

3. lordmwesh

lordmwesh Member

cannot send mail in GMAIL

I am a resseller with a company that gets its services from ThePlanet, so i cant really know the answer to this. Iwill try to ask them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    dnsstuff.com is a great utility to check the validity of your domain and server configuration. Type your domain into it and see if there are any relevant errors.