Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail Rejected return to sender: HELP please

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by EchoHost, Dec 2, 2008.

1. EchoHost

EchoHost Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I would greatly appriciate some help on this.

I have a few http servers and my mail is hosted with google apps. I'm setting up a script that will see bounced e-mails so we can disable memberships or unsubscribe users but here is the problem.

server1.mysite.com will try to send to "me@hottmail.com" and it will fail because hottmail.com doesn't exist. But rather than sending the bounced e-mail back to the Return path in the header, it just keeps it localy or fails it or i'm not sure what happens with it.

How can I set it up so the bounced e-mails go back to the return path?

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My guess would be it puts in the mail queue to retry later, see if they are in WHM >> Main >> Email >> Mail Queue Manager I think our systems send the failed notice after 72 hours. I would assume it would send it to whatever the sender email is in the header.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...