Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail Relaying

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mrichman, Jan 27, 2006.

1. mrichman

mrichman Registered

I need to know what I put and where to put the config to allow my cpanel machine to accept email from another host on my system. The host is a barracuda spam/AV firewall. but when I test the mail I get an error because it doesn't pop before smtp. the mail that is being sent is for a user on the system though.

I have been reading through some docs on exim site and added the following to my WHM Exim Configuration Editor's first section but i get an error on restarting exim.

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Michael

2. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

You can set your relayers to include list of pop before smtp.

In WHM:

Go to Server Configuration->Tweak Settings-> and put a checkmark next to the box that says 'Include a list of Pop before SMTP senders in the X-PopBeforeSMTP header when relaying mail', then click 'Save' at the bottom

3. mrichman

mrichman Registered

Re Mail Relaying

I found that i needed to add the accept host = hostname or IP into the ACL section og the exim config files. It is now working

Thank You for your help.
    Michael