The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Routing options gone

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Tyler Jacobson, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler Jacobson

Hello, We're running cPanel 11.30.5

We have some customers that we route incoming mail through a spam filter. We set the MX record to the offsite spam filter and then we tell the spam filter to deliver valid messages to the customer's server.

In these situations we had to select "Local" under server routing so that the server would still receive these messages when delivered from the spam filter.

Today I went to make this change and I no longer see the routing option. When I set the MX record to the offsite spam filter, I get a message saying:

"Reconfiguring Mail Routing:
    REMOTE MAIL EXCHANGER: This server will NOT serve as a mail exchanger for sspeterpaulsf.org's mail.: This configuration has been automatically detected based on your mx entries."

If this follows the traditional way cPanel has worked, the server will reject messages sent from the spam filter to the mailboxes. I need a way to set the Mail Routing to Local.

Any help is appreciated.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is this in WHM > Edit a DNS zone area or somewhere else where you are no longer seeing these options listed?

3. Tyler Jacobson

I'm doing this under WHM > Edit MX Entry

4. Tyler Jacobson

FWIW, I get the same issue when changing the MX entry via WHM > Edit a DNS zone

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I was able to reproduce this issue on a test server running cPanel version 11.30.5.2, however the issue is no longer present in the latest development build of cPanel. That being said, this would be classified as a bug report, which we encourage customer's to open via:

Submit A Bug Report

The more bug reports we get, the more likely it is that flaws in the product are backported to earlier versions.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.