The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail routing problem?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Metro, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Metro

Metro Registered

This moring I had to transfer 30-40 sites from our old windows server to the new cpanel server. To complicate things, this server also did DNS for most of the sites being transfered. All the zone files for the sites should be setup nearly the same on cpanel (they're all generic, www, mail, ftp, etc, but I used A records mostly). I bound all the old IPs address to the cpanel server, including the 2 old NS ip address. My plan was to setup NS1 and NS2 from the old server to run on cpanel along with cPanel's NS3 and NS4. As far as I can tell that went fine, NS1, NS2, NS3, and NS4 all seem to functioning perfectly fine and are listed as name servers with cpanel.

Now, the problem:
    All the sites where were getting DNS from the old server, NS1 & NS2, can't receive email. DNSreport.com's mail test is successful too, so connecting doesn't seem to be a problem.
    If it's getting mail, I don't know where it's going. There aren't any emails in the mail queue and in the mail logs I see a lot of routing defer (-51): retry time not reached. Which, as I understand it would mean that it's failed delivering the mail and gave up trying for the time being. All the accounts are local and running nslookup on the server returns the correct address.

I'm begining to think there's a problem with the exim config, but I don't really know where to look.

I've ran out of ideas here, everything appears to be setup fine. I'm praying that it's just a dns issue that will be fixed sometime tonight. If anyone has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Metro

Metro Registered

Fix it myself, it turned out there was a problem with MailScanner not allowing any mail to be delivered. Uninstalled MailScanner, problem solved.