The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Server (Exim)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by e5ross, Jan 29, 2006.

1. e5ross

e5ross Member

Hello, people

I just want to no right now on our servers we are use ( Mail Server (Exim) )

But i find it to be slow at times Deliving Emails to people I want to no is there a better email server thats alot more faster and does not bugger Up if there is can you tell me where to go also the commands how to install it and make that the mail server

Regard's

2. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Well Exim is the default MTA provided my cpanel and we have been using it without any problems since long now. It must be some thing on your server that is causing this delay. You should check your mail queue and also the logs incase any one is spoofing around on your server, there are many thread in this forums that might help you.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Indeed. Exim is the only MTA that you can use with cPanel. If you're having slow mail delivery you most likely have either one of a few problems:

1. As Murtaza_t says, you have an excessively large mail queue, in which case you need to investigate why

2. Linked to 1., make sure no accounts are using :blackhole: in /etc/valiases/* and if they are change them to :fail:

3. You have a spammer on your server either directly via an account or indirectly through a compromised web script

4. Lastly, check your server resource usage and ensure that you're not overloading the server