The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail server - limit connections on port 25 to 1 PC alone on a network, possible to do?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ugorji, May 28, 2013.

1. Ugorji

Ugorji Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a situation where only one PC on a network (network is behind a single public IP address) can connect to the mail server on port 25 (send out emails using Outlook, perform successful telnet test).

Previously, all the systems could, all of a sudden, only one can. I suspect there is some limiting on the hosts side, but I have not been able to confirm.

I would like to know if this is possible - limiting emails this way using cPanel (or on any other system you may know about). The network has one public IP from ISP coming into a consumer router, which shares private IPs by dhcp among the PCs in the office - over 10 PCs.

Thank you for your help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have a third-party firewall installed on the cPanel server, or custom IPTables rules in place? If so, you should check to make sure there are no restrictions on email in place. Beyond that, it sounds like the block is coming from the network level instead of the cPanel server.

Thank you.