The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail server name for SSL wrong?

Discussion in 'Security' started by LeonardChallis, Sep 9, 2016.

1. LeonardChallis

Jan 31, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From other posts on this forum I found that the SSL server settings are derived from the SSL certificates set for different services.

I have a wildcard certificate. Here's some output:

[root@myhost ~]# find /var/cpanel/ssl -name "*-CN" -exec grep -H '' '{}' \; | sort

This shows the * wildcard SSL certificate. However, in the SSL mail settings the mail servers is:

Is this the correct functionality? And if not, how can I remedy it? I want it to just be if possible.

#1 LeonardChallis, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Internal case CPANEL-8212 (included with cPanel version 60) addresses some issues with this functionality. Here's some information about the changes stemming from this case:

- Exim was not checking wildcard matches against Domain TLS; this change introduces logic that corrects that.
    - Mail SNI only worked for the Apache vhost’s ServerName. It now works for all domains on the vhost.
    - Makes Dovecot use the Domain TLS repository for keys/certificates. It will thus be consistent with Exim, cpsrvd, and cpdavd.
    - Makes Dovecot always use SNI.
    - Updates Cpanel::SSL::Domain so that requests for the “optimal” host for a TLS connection will be informed by knowledge of Domain TLS.
    Is the website you referenced using it's own SSL certificate? If so, the SNI functionality with Dovecot should automatically detect the correct certificate in cPanel version 60.

Thank you
    #2 cPanelMichael, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016