The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail server sending limits

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by maquinadigital, Sep 24, 2009.

1. maquinadigital

maquinadigital Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

I have a general question about limiting mail sending.

I know that CPANEL / Exim has a limit in the tweaks option, but this limit refuses any attemps beyond that barrier.

What I'd like to have is a limit that, per domain, allowed the authenticated user to send 10.000 mails in a row, and then, could send those mails, with a limit of, 1000 per hour, for example. They would be in the queue but only 1000 per hour where processed.

Is there any way of doing this? Any ideas? One possibility is to have another mail server, without cpanel, with one account per domain, just for newsletters sending.

It's hard to control the sending of newsletters (legal and not spam), and control in the same server, spammers.

If I had a mail server that had defined threshold per domain, per hour, they could send what they want, but the server never allowed that to leave all at once.

Any ideas would be appreciated. DBMAIL? Other mail server? Anything goes.

Thank you in advance.
  2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Houston, Tx

You are correct with the tweak settings that you mentioned. You can limit the number per hour, however putting a cap on the amount sent would be something that would require a bit more customization. Unfortunately, we are not able to support Exim customization directly; however they have some excellent documentation on their site.
    Documentation for exim

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry