Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

mail server setup & php config question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by hamoe, Oct 23, 2004.

1. hamoe

hamoe Registered

I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated server that came with WHM/cPanel. The parent company did not install a mail server though, and I was wondering if there is a particular way I need to install say, exim, for everything to work correctly with WHM/cPanel. My OS is RH Enterprise 3

My second question, regarding php. The default setup was not configured quite how I'd like it (I need GD lib for example), and was wondering if there is a way this needs to be done for things to work properly as well.

Thanks!

#1 hamoe, Oct 23, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

cPanel comes with it's own installation of exim. If it's not working on the server, you could try re-installing it. However, first I'd recommend you upgrade cPanel using:

/scripts/upcp

Then you can reinstall exim using:

/scripts/exim4

You can configure GD into PHP, by going to WHM > Upgrade Apache > Load Previous Settings > then select GD as one of the options, then Start Build.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...