Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mail Service Information Incorrect

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by 01i, Apr 19, 2018.

1. 01i

01i Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When I go to the "Set Up Mail Client" page on any domain on the server, the domains listed for incoming and outgoing server are incorrect. This is true for SSL and non-SSL settings.

The hostname for my server is "vps176.domain.co.uk".

Under manage SSL certificates, the default certificate that cpanel creates for the hostname is selected for all four services. This is a cPanel Inc issued certificate for vps176.domain.co.uk and www.vps176.domain.co.uk. I'm not entirely sure why cPanel includes the www on there.

Under manage SSL hosts, all sites on the server (with exception of IP primaries) are configured with SNI = yes. The main domains all have a mail.domain inclusion on their SSL certificate, even though that domain does not exist on the DNS. These domains all have little red unlocked padlocks next to them. The subdomains all have a www.subdomain.domain.com on the SSL certificate which also don't exist in DNS and have the same red padlock.

In DNS, all domains have a single MX entry for vps176.domain.co.uk, and there is no entry for the superflous mail.domain.com

However, as mentioned, on the Set Up Mail Client pages in cpanel, all sites show a hostless domain for the SSL, and mail.domain for the non-SSL

#1 01i, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @01i,

It seems like something isn't working correctly on your system because the Domain TLS functionality should ensure this works as long as a SSL certificate is installed for the domain name (or the server's hostname if it matches the service certificate name):

What is Domain TLS - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

We're happy to take a closer look at this via a support ticket if you are interested. You can post the ticket number here should you decide to open a support ticket and we'll update this thread with the outcome:

How to Open a Technical Support Ticket - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 01i

01i Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    totally missed the reply to this post. I'll raise a support ticket

4. 01i

01i Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ticket: 9568241