The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail showing sent, but not getting to recipent-Outlook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mrich1234, Mar 23, 2007.

1. mrich1234

mrich1234 Registered

Nov 12, 2006
    Ok... I have asked and asked and seems nobody can help me....

I have outlook. I will compose a new message and send it. It will show being sent, but it never gets to that person. I have contacted Mcafee, which says that it has to be my isp. I have contacted Road Runner and they said that it is who my outgoing server problem. my outgoing server is which is cpanel.

Can anyone help me. Like i said it shows that it is sent but never gets there. Even mail that I send to our employees... with the do not get it.

Thank you!

2. cjmwebdesigns

cjmwebdesigns Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2003
    New Jersey
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Have you attempted to use the WebMail feature in cPanel to send mail and ensure that mail is leaving your server?

Do you receive mail at this address? I found this on your domain name through DNSSTUFF

ERROR: The IP of one or more of your mail server(s) have no reverse DNS (PTR) entries/* (if you see "Timeout" below, it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough)*/. RFC1912 2.1 says you should have a reverse DNS for all your mail servers. It is strongly urged that you have them, as many mailservers will not accept mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry. You can double-check using the 'Reverse DNS Lookup' tool at the DNSstuff site if you recently changed your reverse DNS entry (it contacts your servers in real time; the reverse DNS lookups in the DNS report use our local caching DNS server). The problem MX records are: [No reverse DNS entry (rcode: 3 ancount: 0) (check it)]

I will say this does not make sense for mail within the server itself though. I would try sending mail through the webmail system to isolate the problem.