Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail SNI column missing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by lukekenny, Feb 21, 2018.

1. lukekenny

lukekenny Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a client who is running Outlook 2016 v 16 for Mac, and is getting a certificate error as it is being served the hosts certificate rather than the accounts.

Googling around I see many references to Mail SNI, however when I look in WHM -> SSL/TLS -> Manage SSL Hosts, I cannot see the Mail SNI column that is referred to so often. I do see an "Is SNI Required?" column.

Has the Mail SNI column been deprecated, or have I missed something as part of the install, or is Mail SNI an option I need to turn on somewhere?

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I had the same issues with a client that was using AppleMail. The problem went away once we disabled the network configuration auto proxy setting on the Mac.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Check to see if the answer in the previous post helps with this issue. If not, can you verify the customer is using "mail.theirdomain.tld" as the mail server name in the client configuration?

As far as Mail SNI, it's actually enabled by default on all supported versions of cPanel. You can read more about how this works at:

What is Domain TLS - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.