The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail - Spam Reporting, Releasing, etc

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by djblamire, Sep 9, 2006.

1. djblamire

djblamire Well-Known Member

I currently run Mailscanner through cpanel, but was looking for a way of 'releasing' blocked emails that may have been classed as spam, when actually they weren't.

Also, some sort of reporting would be nice.

I have heard about MailWatch, but I believe it isn't compatible with cpanel (or cpanel updates would break it).

Does anyone know of anything similar ??

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

2. xisn

xisn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    sure...

For a small fee of $35 Chirpy will setup MailScanner along with a Front-End for it, they also add a front end for your clients to use. He will also install MailWatch too. You can find more info here:

http://www.configserver.com/cp/mailscanner.html

GREAT Folks to work with!

3. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mailwatch is absolutely compatible with cPanel. I too run the ConfigServer MailScanner setup, and have installed it for clients as well. I can't say enough good things about it. Works like a charm!

Generally people set up MailScanner to examine and tag spam and let their clients do the filtering, although I set mine up to delete high scoring spam. Do you mean that you want to allow some spam through and just tag it as spam so your clients can filter it?