The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail/Ssh/FTP issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by legaultp1, Aug 1, 2006.

1. legaultp1

legaultp1 Registered

Hello. I had a server running Centos 4 with cpanel and it was working fine.
    I did a server update and now, i have a weird issue.
    All my domain (not the subdomain one) are able to login ftp, mail and on cpanel.
    All sub domain (domain from each resellers) are unable to read their mail, unable to use ftp or even use ssh access.
    In the past, it worked fine. Now, it has stopped.
    The message log give me this error: authpam: username 'webmaster@somedomain.be' not found in password file
    This was on mail. It looks like all password files that are inside the reseller domain stopped to work. FTP/SSH/MAIL for all sub accounts are not working. I even upgraded to the last cpanel and it still make an error.
    Is there anything i need to watch to fix my issue like nsswitch.conf or any third party password locator files?
    Thanks..
    P.S. This is urgent because i am getting angry clients. :(

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

If you have an urgent issue you will need to hire out a sysadmin as this is not officially a support forum, its more for cPanel sysadmins to share ideas and tech issues. There are many reputable companies here such as:

www.servertune.com
    www.configserver.com
    www.jonesolutions.com

Or you could contact cPanel support and raise a ticket

3. legaultp1

legaultp1 Registered

In fact...

Hello again..
    In fact, i just need to know how the cpanel software work so i can fix it.
    how the login is processed, what software process the login and where is the config file.
    Once i have that, it will be easy to fix but somehow, im unable to find out theses settings

Thanks for your advice but i will wait to get an answer to this set of question. even if it takes 1 or 2 days, the clients won't die.

Thanks