The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mail to postermaster account after exim upgrade - problem?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jeff-C, May 13, 2004.

1. Jeff-C

Jeff-C Well-Known Member

After the exim upgrade, I see that dnsreport.com reports:
    Is this a problem that should be corrected, or intentional by design in the new exim RPMs?

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Normally, that error refers to Domain literals -- or using an IP address -- for postmaster. If it is not working for the Domain name then most likely the 'catch-all' is not being used and no address/forwarder was setup for postmaster.

So, set one up and the problem will go away. Dont' worry about the error msg. for an IP address as most people don't accept any eMail sent to an IP address anyway.

3. Jeff-C

Jeff-C Well-Known Member

Thanks very much Rob,

So I need to setup a postmaster@ email alias/forwarder under each individual account? Is there a way to do it more easily (server-wide all at once) to comply with the standard instead of for each individual account?

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It only needs to be done for accounts that are not using the 'catch-all' eMail which is default setup. If it is turned off or not used and a worry, then an address or forwarder needs to manually be setup for each account.

It could be done using a custom made script if you want to go that route, but the manual method, although slower, is probably quicker & easier.

5. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I dont think that is the answer. My guess is the problem involves a "hyphen" in the actual domain name. Is that correct Jeff C?