The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail to user list not getting past Exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by the_techs, May 12, 2005.

1. the_techs

the_techs Member

I'm trying to send my users a newsletter through my cpanel box that host mail.mydomain.com

The mails are generated on a Windows box using a script underr ColdFusion - it worked fine on my previous windows server (just upgraded to a new box) but from the new box it refuses to process the emails and throuws this in the exim_mainlog:
    no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection

and they vanish never to be delivered....

I have added the IP of the win box to the /etc/alwaysrelay but no dice...

Any ideas?

2. pshepperd

pshepperd Well-Known Member

Do they get bounced are they in the queue? What do the exim logs say?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yup, you'll need to paste the full error in the exim log to track it down. Have you modified the exim incoming connection parameters to limit them? As pshepperd said, if they're anywehere they'll be in the queue, otherwise exim has simply dropped them.

4. the_techs

the_techs Member

Well I think they got placed in the queue and no I havent done aything to modify the incoming connections.

The thing is, it works (or worked) from the previous server - maybe the new one is sending them too fast. I dont know yet whether the queued messages are getting out, I checked the queue in WHM email section and it just says orver 1000 messages - so I said - send em now - still waiting.

Well it's been several hours now and none of the emails have turned up so I'm guessing that they are history.

So I guess I need to know how to let the specific server to send it's load of emails through my mailserver.

#4 the_techs, May 12, 2005
    Last edited: May 12, 2005