The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailbox full on parked domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Computer_Wizard, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Computer_Wizard

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I have a user that when a client tries to email her they get this bounced back.

> info@domain.com
    > (ultimately generated from info@parkeddomain.com)
    > mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded

However when I tried to email the parked domain it seemed to go through without a problem (I haven't confirmed with her yet but it has not been bounced back)

She is not full on her bandwidth, or disk usage, and her email quota is unlimited. (for that account, others she has are nowhere near full)

However she does not actually have an email address for info@parkeddomain.com, just merely a forwarder. Supposedly this has been working for some time, and just started breaking about a week or two ago.

Also now when she tries to login to webmail she gets

Internal Server Error
    User 'username' is over quota.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you sure that the particualar user isn't reached the disk quota limit? Also does parkedomain.com has MX set to remote srevers?

If disk quota is fine for the user, run /scripts/fixquotas on the server and try again.

If the issue perists, provide us the exim logs while we try to send an email to the problematic email address.

Thank you,
    Nibin.

3. Computer_Wizard

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's just it, I don't think I even need to run /scripts/fixquotas as the user does not appear in /var/cpanel/overquota

as far as the exim log goes, it is quite large, and not sure that my boss would want me posting it here.

Also, I can not give out the users email for privacy concerns, however like I said, I emailed them and there has been no problem thus far.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The error messages you posted indicates the email account user or the account itself is at it's disk space limit. If you are not seeing any signs of that, could you open a support ticket with our staff so we may check further?

You can open a ticket using the following URL:

Submit A Ticket

Please post the ticket number here so we may track the issue.

Thank you.