Mailbox full Outlook problems

Edward Byrne

Nov 15, 2014
Harare, Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi all
Something I don't understand here. I have an email account set up on Outlook from Cpanel. I had some sending issues and error warning about mailbox quota. I went to Cpanel and checked the email account there and indeed the mailbox ix full. I raised the quota and got a message that it could take up to 4 hours to be effected. I still cannot send from the account but the 4 hours is not up yet - so hopefully it will return. Mail is coming in.

What I don't understand is... I regularly send and receive from this email address - so what is sitting in that mailbox? If it's incoming, how can I retrieve it? Is it outgoing?

Sorry to be so dumb, would love an explanation. My Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
What I don't understand is... I regularly send and receive from this email address - so what is sitting in that mailbox? If it's incoming, how can I retrieve it? Is it outgoing?
Hello,

A directory for each domain, subdomain, addon domain, and parked domain exists in the "/home/user/mail" directory. These directories include subdirectories for each email address associated with the domain. The following document explains how you can browse to a directory like this and determine where the disk space usage is coming from:

How to manage your hard drive space

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.