The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailbox permission incorrect.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kiat, Mar 20, 2006.

1. kiat

kiat Active Member

Hi,

I used cpanel for many years. I serveral times found that the problem of recieving email sometime from incorrect Mailbox permissions. I think that CPanel might know this occur very often and it's very odd problem then the development team made an option in WHM to fix incorrect permissions.

IMHO, Permission fix option is not root cause fix. If it is the way it works, could CPanel expert explain why the permission change quite often?

When it happen and customer complain to us. We are quite difficult to tell them why and we were looked unprofessional hosting.

Kiat.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I'd suggest contacting cPanel support to find out why this may be occurring for you. I've noticed people mention this from time to time, however it's never happened on any of my servers and so I doubt that it's a global issue.

/scripts/mailperm should sort out the permissions. For the time being you could set a cronjob to run this every X minutes if incorrect mailbox permissions are really a problem for you.

3. kiat

kiat Active Member

Thank you for your suggestion. If you click on Repair Mailbox permissions in WHM, Is WHM return without any fixing lines?

Kiat.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Yes, for me this option doesn't output anything other than 'Complete!'. Neither do I see any output from /scripts/mailperm.

This is probably because there is nothing to fix.

5. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you using latest version exim and stable of cpanel? I've seen this problem before on a box running edge, but that was about a year ago and haven't encountered it since.