Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mailbox Quota

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Chriz1977, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Chriz1977

Chriz1977 Well-Known Member

Hi

Im having a weird one with mail. Firstly, I could not receive mail. In cpanel when I look at my mailbox quotas the useage is low (less than a meg), but, when i go into my home directory /mail my inbox is 996Mb (Im sure I havent sent that many mails).

I checked in whm and found the account had reached its quota (Just that inbox file took it over) so I upped it. That sorted out the problem with not being able to receive mail bit but I havent had the mails through from the past day when it wouldnt work. I have never seen this happen before but am now stuck with this 996Mb inbox that I cant read. Id like to delete it but would also like to know what is in it.

My question is this, How can I read this mailbox and how did it get this big without showing up in cpanel?

Many thanks in advance

Chriz

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...