The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailbox quotas and IMAP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by aegis, Aug 1, 2005.

1. aegis

aegis Well-Known Member

I've a problem with one user who has an IMAP mailbox of 250MB or so but most of which is in sub folders other than his inbox. He's now getting 'mailbox full' reports from people trying to mail him despite the mailbox quota in CPanel saying he's only used 13MB of 30MB.

It would appear Cpanel isn't taking in to account the sub folders when reporting quota usage but since it was working for him a few weeks back, would it be possible that exim is now correctly calculating quota size based on the sub folders too?

ie. Has the exim patch in http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=845 been applied in 10.4.x now?

I couldn't find reference to that in the changelog.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The exim releases are build independent, though they are applied according to your tree using this matrix:
    http://diff.cpanel.net/eximinstall/version

So, anything other than STABLE will have the quota_directory change. You can confirm this with:

grep quota_directory /etc/exim.conf

3. VultureCP

VultureCP Member

I upgraded the CURRENT which does have: quota_directory = "${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/mail/${domain}/${local_part}"

however when trying to check my quota via IMAP it still returns that it can not find a quota value. Any idea? I am using a seconday install of squirrelmail with the IMAP quota check plug installed.

Thanx,
    Chuck

4. WinterRG

WinterRG Member

Same Thing Here For Only One Account

Hey There guys,

Just popping in, oddly enough, I have currently got one user complaining of this syndrome on one of our servers, if I go through cPanel File Viewer interface, I see two entries for their "info" mail directory, each quoting 36MB, if I go to the mail setup section and show the users mail quota, it shows 12MB out of 30MB used, as an interim I have upped the users quota to 60MB and all is well (cross-fingers) I will need to do some research in to this one, its alittle odd.

Any suggestions or idea's are always welcome... If I find anything, will post it here, be a couple of days at earliest, gotta be out of the office for a bit...

Russ

5. aegis

aegis Well-Known Member

It appears they've fixed exim to work with sub folders but not cpanel yet.

This is causing a lot of confusion for users who have now instantly gone over quota in exim but cpanel says otherwise. Many users don't understand moving imap folders off the server or deleting mail.

6. WinterRG

WinterRG Member

Thanks Aegis,

I will have to broach this with this particular client, they leave everything on their IMAP as a common email-box for when they all travel around the region. They are a little odd in the way they manage their email <shrug> but hey, each to their own I suppose.

7. TJCooper

TJCooper Member

Does anyone know how to get imap to display the quota as in the plugin for SquirrelMail and for thunderbird?

8. yitc

yitc Registered

Deleting email in Outlook using IMAP

Hi All,

Just a question I am connectingto a mailbox using IMAP through Outlook 2003 which works fine but I can't seem to delete mail from the server using the "Delete" in Outlook.

It puts a strikethrough lne through the message but If I do a send/recive then check the mailbox its still there.

Is there any options I need to set to allow users to use this feature or is it something in Outlook I am doing wrong?

Regards, Chris

9. VultureCP

VultureCP Member

This change to exim only affects the way quotas work from within Cpanel, it can now see all the users mail, and account for that in the quota.

It appears that Cpanel will be going to maildir soon but you can aleady in RELEASE+ by issuing /scripts/convert2maildir.

#9 VultureCP, Sep 20, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  10. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member

(I am connectingto a mailbox using IMAP through Outlook 2003 which works fine but I can't seem to delete mail from the server using the "Delete" in Outlook.

It puts a strikethrough lne through the message but If I do a send/recive then check the mailbox its still there.

Is there any options I need to set to allow users to use this feature or is it something in Outlook I am doing wrong?)

Have you found a answer for this yet ?
    The same thing is happening here .

Thanks

11. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member

DAUHH , I found it.

To delete a message from an IMAP account

In the message list, select the message.
    On the toolbar, click Delete. This marks the message you want to delete.
    On the Edit menu, click Purge Deleted Messages to remove the deleted items from the folder. Once you purge a message, it cannot be recovered.