The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailbox space quota

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Wallaby, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Wallaby

Wallaby Well-Known Member

Is there any way to permanently amend (so it won't be overwritten by a CPanel update) the default space quote offered of 10Mb for a new mailbox?

We find most users don't think about this and leave it as it is, then their mailboxes fill up fast and the mail queue stacks up with mail waiting to go into mailboxes that are full...

Nowadays 10Mb for a mailbox is very small.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

IIRC, it's coded into the theme, so you could edit it if you can find the correct file. Theme's such as www.rvskin.com and www.cpanelskindepot.com allow you to set it up directly through the admin inetrface of the theme.

3. Wallaby

Wallaby Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid editing the theme as this would mean having to maintain my own edited version when the theme gets updated. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait until this feature is added to Cpanel/WHM!

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could check whether it has been requested as an enhancement in http://bugzilla.cpanel.net and if not, add an entry yourself asking for a WHM option (presumably in tweak settings) that would allow the server admin to set that value.