Mailboxes corrupting (dovecot.index file)

PPNSteve

Mar 13, 2003
Somewhere in Ilex Forest
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Just a note, I'm seeing this recur on a client's box from time to time still. We have adjusted max spares and so on as noted previously in the thread with removing the corrupt index being the only real fix as far as getting the end user's email back up.

cPanel needs to find out why this is happening and create a fix for it.

PPNSteve

Mar 13, 2003
Somewhere in Ilex Forest
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Could you let us know the version of cPanel installed on the system this continues to occur on?

Thank you.
its on WHM 11.46.2 (build 4)

virtuozzo based vps IIRC.

Just happened again today for that same client's box.. The user account corrupting is a high traffic emailer both incoming and outgoing.

Last edited:

mboyden

Registered
Jan 19, 2005
We are also experiencing the same problem, on 2 installs, on a little older build than PPNSteve. It happens with the high traffic users. I have one that uses 3 devices, all IMAP, all iProducts (mac), and it's a regular issue. However, it also happened to a couple of windows users. Until recently, just deleting dovecot.index files fixed it, but last time we had to turn off all the devices and remove and rebuild each account on each device.

CENTOS 5.11 i686 virtuozzo – WHM 11.44.2 (build 5)

Thanks,

Mark

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Assuming you have verified your VPS and it's host node are using updated kernels, then feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.