The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailboxes

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by angelfire777, Jul 9, 2010.

1. angelfire777

angelfire777 Member

my mail account which logs in automatically from cpanel at the moment (sometimes it doesnt) puts all my mail in a file called info@platinumstringquartet rather than the individual boxes i.e. inbox,drafts,sent etc. Any ideasb?Please help?:(

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You have a catch-all email account setup, any email accounts not created will have email sent to that catch-all account.

If you create the email account the emails will stop doing that. You also can disable the catch all, but then the emails will be lost.

3. angelfire777

angelfire777 Member

That makes sense but I did create a email account.When I login to webmail from address bar I can login with this different username and everything is ok? When I try to login to webmail from cpanel it logs in automatically using the same user name as the cpanel.

What I would like to do is be able to do is login to cpanel and have access to my email with the username that works from the email account. Does this make sense?

#3 angelfire777, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

The webmail icon in cPanel is for the main username account (the cPanel username). To log in as a different user, you would be able to do that in Email Accounts area in cPanel instead. In Email Accounts area, there is an Access Webmail option to the far right under "More" dropdown.

5. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

You are very welcome :)

Edit: Weirdly enough, it put my reply just now before your "thank you" response even though I replied after you did...

6. angelfire777

angelfire777 Member

You are brilliant! Thank-you so much!:)