The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MailDir Conversion Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by coderoyal, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coderoyal

coderoyal Well-Known Member

Hi!

After we converted to maildir, when users try to check their mail, they are getting:

Notice: (null)(): [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response) (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

After choosing Hofde!

After using Squirrelmail, we get ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.

I cant' find any posts in the forums with these errors. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Alan Owen
    Hermon School Department

2. coderoyal

coderoyal Well-Known Member

I ended up reverting back to mbox. However, there were many errors in the process. Also, after reverting back to mbox using the script, I wasn't able to connect to cPanel!

Another user had the same issue and it's discovered that the cPanel SSL Service wasn't able to load due to the courier processes used by maildir. The script which was supposed to take me back to mbox didn't completely remove the maildir tools.

I ended up running the conversion process yet again (I need cPanel access!) in order to convert back to maildir. I still got the same errors when I ran the script, but this time, the mail was working!

I don't know what damage was done from this, but there is definately problems with that script. I recommend waiting for cPanel to revise it before executing the conversion script.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.