The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maildir dumping email in mbox ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nyjimbo, Sep 25, 2006.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Some of my customers are reporting that they cannot get email on our server. When I look I see the email going into the mbox (inbox) file when it should be going to the maildir folders. We are running courier and all related stuff and update the server regularly (did it yesterday to be sure).

Any idea why this would be hapenning?. Its ALL mail coming in to their account, not just select messages. This is a freebsd 5.4 server.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure of FreeBSD, but:

Make sure that maildir=1 in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and then reinstall exim with:

/scripts/eximup --force

You should be able to convert anything wrongly delivered in mbox format by running /scripts/convert2maildir and taking the "Convert partially converted mail accounts" option.

If it continues delivering in mbox after that, I'd log it with cPanel to investigate.

3. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Ok, ran all that and seems to have moved email from inbox to the "cur" folder. I will have to keep an eye on this, not sure if this fixed it or just moved the email over.

thanks.

4. G4 Hosting

G4 Hosting Member

Chirpy,

Ran the scripts and now horde doesn't show any of the inbox folders that were there nor do I get the cur folder like nyjimbo says. There's a inbox with nothing in it.

Thanks,
    Rolly

5. G4 Hosting

G4 Hosting Member

I also notice that when you run /scripts/convert2maildir and log into webmail via cpanel you only see the defualt accounts inbox and not every email account you have i.e. sales, billing, etc. Is that suppose to be?

Rolly