Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

maildir + exim + uwimap

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by anim, Aug 25, 2005.

1. anim

anim Registered

Hello all.

I've read through everything I could find on the subject including buzilla reports, but seem to have hit a snag with this setup.

We desperately need maildir support for our mailserver (which is being migrated from qmail+maildir to cpanel+exim+uwimap).

After much research, I have managed to get the following setup, with what I believe is one last hurdle to overcome...

We're running cPanel 10.6-E80 (the latest edge release, luckily everything seems to be stable), and I have manually grabbed and installed the exim-4.52-12_cpanel_maildir RPM. Restarted all the services, went into cPanel and created a test mailbox. This mailbox is receiving mail and the box is in maildir format. However, when logging in via webmail or a mail client, none of the mail is being displayed and when I check the filesystem, every time it appears to re-create an mbox formatted structure in the users box (which does not harm the maildir structure). I remove the .mailboxlist file and any other folder files related to the mbox format, and if I try again with a mail client or webmail the mbox structure is re-created.

This leads me to believe that uwimap is not supporting the maildir format and is attempting to use mbox. I have been unable to find anything about a new uwimap package supporting maildir.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

Please run /scripts/convert2maildir

3. anim

anim Registered

Thank You for the quick reply!

I was under the impression that this would simply convert old mbox emails into maildir format so it could be accessed... however, when i try to run conver2maildir i get the following errors

When trying to choose option 1 to backup directories I get teh following error:

Backup directory () does not exist or is not configured in Web Host Manager! at /scripts/cPScript/MailDir.pm line 30, <STDIN> line 1.

I'm not sure where to change these options in WHM? I haven't been able to find an option anywhere in the backup options.

When choosing option 3 to run the conver i get the following:

Converting Started!
    Please watch /var/cpanel/updatelogs/maildirconversion.1125009892 for results.

When I cat out the file I see the following:

# cat /var/cpanel/updatelogs/maildirconversion.1125009892
    Method: Perl Expect
    Testing connection speed...(this could take a while)....Done
    Ran out of working CPAN mirrors. Please contact cPanel Support at /scripts/cPanelPerl.pm line 218.
    Can't locate Date/Parse.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/maildirconversion line 28.

Also, mail sent to the test address does appear in their new mail folder in maildir format 'new/'

Thank You.

4. anim

anim Registered

this is an excerpt from the bugzilla entry http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1970 which I found earlier whilst searching around...

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 Jul 25 17:37 authProg ->
    ../../usr/local/cpanel/bin/courier-auth*

I'm not sure if its relevant or not? Thought i'd mention it...

Thanks again.

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

try

rm -rf /root/.cpcpan

/scripts/perlinstaller Date::Parse

Then run the conversion process again as it aborted and did not convert because it could not install the perl module.

6. anim

anim Registered

Thank you for the help.

This has been resolved...

Basically I was ahead of myself... reading the relevant bugzilla thread, there was mention of a manual install of the exim RPM... As I said, I got ahead of myself and installed that RPM manually before attempting to run the conversion script... I have a feeling this might have had something to do wit the error out?? At anyrate, i went through the 'maildirupdate' script and tried to do manually everything that script did for me... which ended up being successful.

On the next server, I simply updated to 10.6 current, ran convert2maildir, and everything worked perfectly.

Thank you again for your support.