The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MailDir Sub-Folders Appear Empty

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SylvrFalkon, Oct 13, 2005.

1. SylvrFalkon

SylvrFalkon Member

Hi guys,

I did the conversion a few days back, before I found out it was BETA of course, and instantly lost all access to my sub-folders of the directories. I got frustrated, talked to support, and ended up trying to revert, but then it froze at some part binding to port 101 or something. After dealing with that problem for a while, I just figured, might as well try MailDir again because that is where the support is for right now. Then I have a structure somewhat like this for my main email account.

/home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/courierimapuiddb
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/courierimapsubscribed
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.mailboxlist
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/cur/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/new/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/tmp/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/INBOX/

and some subdirectories listed as...

/home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Junk/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Sent\ Items/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Inbox\ -\ Family/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Inbox\ -\ Jobs/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Inbox\ -\ Server/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Outbox/
    /home/myusername/mail/mydomain/myemailusername/.Trash/

All of these directories of course have their own cur, new, and tmp directories that have the emails beneath them in them. I have tried in both Outlook, Thunderbird, and Messenger to get to the email that is supposed to be beneath the folders. I can subscribe (sometimes) to the folders that are beneath the Inbox. The inbox I never have problems with, but the subdirectories are the problem. For some reason, I can get into my .Inbox - Server subdirectory but not the Inbox - Jobs or any of hte others like .Outbox or .Sent Items. When I send an email it says it cannot find the folder or write to it. I have compared my Server subdirectory to my Jobs subdirectory, and there doesnt seem to be a difference to them much. Any ideas? I have tried pretty much everything I've seen on the forum so far.

Thanks,

James :confused:

2. SylvrFalkon

SylvrFalkon Member

Additionally... if I access my email through squirrel webmail, I can do anything, and access all my folders fine, just not through email software. Almost forgot that part.

3. bagel50

bagel50 Member

I had problems with OE not writing to subdirectories of inbox any more, but then in the account settings (in OE) I set the root IMAP directory to "Inbox" which enabled OE to write to them again.
    Not sure if this is the proper thing to do, but it worked for me.

hth

Olly.