ImperialTrader

Aug 31, 2014
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My VPS is having a main server's IP and many other dedicated IPs for some customers, each dedicated IP is having its own rDNS.
I have an issue now where all the customers who are having dedicated IPs are still sending their emails (SMTP) using the main server's IP, not their dedicated IPs.

What settings I can do at (Exim Manager) to allow each customer to send his emails (SMTP) via his dedicated IP?
Note: I don't want to edit (/etc/mailhelo) & (/etc/mailips) for each new customer use a dedicated IP, I need it to be done automatically.

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Enable the Send mail from account’s dedicated IP address setting in WHM’s Exim Configuration Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager).

Enjoy!

Reactions: ImperialTrader

ImperialTrader

Aug 31, 2014
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Enable the Send mail from account’s dedicated IP address setting in WHM’s Exim Configuration Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager).

Enjoy!
Perfect, thank you.

But, each dedicated IP assigned to an account should have its own rDNS, what if I edited the files (mailhelo & mailips) and I set a rule for all the accounts inside the server (who are having dedicated IPs + who are using the main shared server's IP) to send all their emails from one dedicated IP only? is it gonna make an issue for the other accounts because they are using a different rDNS?

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Regardless of which method you use the IP address for email services should have proper rDNS set so if you just change the outgoing email IP for some accounts then on that IP you need to have rDNS.

ImperialTrader

Aug 31, 2014
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Regardless of which method you use the IP address for email services should have proper rDNS set so if you just change the outgoing email IP for some accounts then on that IP you need to have rDNS.
For example:
domain1.com is using a dedicated IP (100.100.100.100) and its rDNS is (domain1.serverhostname.com) pointing to DNS A-record (100.100.100.100)
domain2.com is using a dedicated IP (200.200.200.200) and its rDNS is (domain2.serverhostname.com) pointing to DNS A-record (200.200.200.200)
domain3.com is using the main server's IP (300.300.300.300) and its rDNS is (serverhostname.com) pointing to DNS A-record (300.300.300.300)

My question is: Can I set (domain1.com), (domain2.com), and (domain3.com) to send all their emails using this IP (100.100.100.100)?

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes as this is similar situation if you would use the main IP normally. You host multiple domains on the shared IP with one specific rDNS set.

Reactions: ImperialTrader