The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailing list editing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Butter, May 18, 2005.

1. Butter

Butter Registered

is there a way to create a mailing list "john@domain.com" where the list is not available as a footer on each email (if a person clicks on it, they can send email to others on the list)

i would like to create a list where no one can post or have access to te list but me, the admin

i've tried using the privacy settings but can't get it right

is this even possible?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It's possible. Having a read only list should be simple to do, but mailman shrouds it more than a little. Login to mailman via cPanel and go to:

Privacy Options > Sender Filters > By default, should new list member postings be moderated? > Yes

Privacy Options > Sender Filters > Action to take when a moderated member posts to the list. > Reject

(optionally) Privacy Options > Sender Filters > Text to include in any rejection notice to be sent to moderated members who post to this list. > This is an annoucement only list.

If you already have users signed up:

Membership Management > Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently visible > On

However, first you should signup your own email address and after selecting that last option, set your email account to moderation Off.

3. d-woo

d-woo Well-Known Member

Chirpy,

What does changing everyone's moderation to on do? Does it just ensure that they get the message that this is an announcement list only (since they are now moderators)?

If the setting is not turned on, will they just get nothing?

This is a bit different, making my address non-mod and everyone elses mod. :eek:

4. d-woo

d-woo Well-Known Member

Okay...I see now.

From the Legend.

mod -- The user's personal moderation flag. If this is set, postings from them will be moderated, otherwise they will be approved.