Mailing List How to send with out Tend to pending moderator requests

Steve P Jones

Registered
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
How can I setup Mailing list with out moderator approving the request. I just want users be able to use the mailing list to send to a group with out approval by anyone.

Thanks

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

You can manage the moderator settings by going to cPanel>>Email>>Mailing Lists -> Select the list you want to manage and click manage. Then go to Privacy Options -> Sender filters

When a message is posted to the list, a series of moderation steps are taken to decide whether a moderator must first approve the message or not. This section contains the controls for moderation of both member and non-member postings.
Member postings are held for moderation if their moderation flag is turned on. You can control whether member postings are moderated by default or not.

Non-member postings can be automatically accepted, held for moderation, rejected (bounced), or discarded, either individually or as a group. Any posting from a non-member who is not explicitly accepted, rejected, or discarded, will have their posting filtered by the general non-member rules.

RoshanJafri

Registered
May 7, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

You can manage the moderator settings by going to cPanel>>Email>>Mailing Lists -> Select the list you want to manage and click manage. Then go to Privacy Options -> Sender filters

When a message is posted to the list, a series of moderation steps are taken to decide whether a moderator must first approve the message or not. This section contains the controls for moderation of both member and non-member postings.
Member postings are held for moderation if their moderation flag is turned on. You can control whether member postings are moderated by default or not.

Non-member postings can be automatically accepted, held for moderation, rejected (bounced), or discarded, either individually or as a group. Any posting from a non-member who is not explicitly accepted, rejected, or discarded, will have their posting filtered by the general non-member rules.
What exactly do I have to do in Privacy Options -> Sender filters

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Inside the Privacy Options -> Sender Filters page there are two main sections: Member filters and non-member filters. To ensure that messages sent by members of the mailing list are not moderated, you'll want to keep the top option of "By default, should new list member postings be moderated?" set to "No"

To further confirm that members are not being moderated you can click on the "Membership Management" link at the top left of the page. If you scroll to the bottom of that page you'll see the option for "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently visible" and you'll want to make sure that is set to "off"

fishbone

Registered
Oct 5, 2021
Africa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Inside the Privacy Options -> Sender Filters page there are two main sections: Member filters and non-member filters. To ensure that messages sent by members of the mailing list are not moderated, you'll want to keep the top option of "By default, should new list member postings be moderated?" set to "No"

To further confirm that members are not being moderated you can click on the "Membership Management" link at the top left of the page. If you scroll to the bottom of that page you'll see the option for "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently visible" and you'll want to make sure that is set to "off"
All my settings are set to "NO" and "OFF" but the moderator still receives emails for approvals. Any further help.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. It sounds like something else odd may be happening in your case as this is one setting where choosing "no" should just work normally. It would be best to submit a ticket to our team if you have root access so we can take a look at the system directly. If you don't have root access, reaching out to your hosting provider would be the best way to get additional support for that issue.

fishbone

Registered
Oct 5, 2021
Africa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. It sounds like something else odd may be happening in your case as this is one setting where choosing "no" should just work normally. It would be best to submit a ticket to our team if you have root access so we can take a look at the system directly. If you don't have root access, reaching out to your hosting provider would be the best way to get additional support for that issue.
I don't have root access, guess i have to reach out to my provider then. Thanks a lot