Mailing List not being created

hyder95

May 26, 2016
Lahore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
I am unable to re-create a mailing list after deleting it.
Here is the error :

The system experienced a problem when it attempted to create the mailing list “[email protected]”: Email::addlist($RAW_FORM{'email'},$RAW_FORM{'password'},$RAW_FORM{'domain'},0,$RAW_FORM{'private'}) failed: (XID 8a2ehc) The requested mailing list address, “[email protected]”, conflicts with the forwarder “[email protected]”. To create a mailing list named “[email protected]”, you must first delete the forwarder that conflicts with that name.

and one more strange thing, Every time this conflicting address gets changed as for this time it shows [email protected] is conflicting and it gets changed on every attempt and that conflicting addresses are no where nor in forwarders neither in email accounts.

I have restarted Mailman services and few other services and no Luck.

Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,
I fixed this issue by deleting non-existent forwarders in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/".

Thank You.
Hello,

I've been unable to reproduce this issue on a test system. What version of cPanel is installed on your server? An older internal case (FB-30240) addressed a similar report in cPanel version 48.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
You should be able to address this issue if it happens again by repairing mailmain permissions with the following command:

Code:
/scripts/fixmailman
Let us know if the issue persists after running this command should the problem reoccur.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.