The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailing list problem in cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cinu, Jun 2, 2005.

1. cinu

cinu Member

A strange experince with the mailing list...
    In cpanel, i tried to create a mailing list , the mailing list dosen't get created but infact the name of the mailing list gets created under forwarders.

i tried to delete the mail man and reinstalled mailman, checked all the permissions. But still having the same issue..

Anybody welcomed for suggestions :)

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

3. upload

upload Registered

I have the same problem

4. cinu

cinu Member

Yes exactly....

Any idea what the reason is???

5. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

There is nothing unusual in this...as whenever you create a list this forwarder is added ..you can access and edit your mailing list by cpanel>>mail>>mailing list>>select mailing list adn edit..........

6. cinu

cinu Member

The problem is i cant see the mailing list in cpanel->mail-> mailing list. Mailing list is getting added as a forwarder only, not as a forwarder + mailing list

Thanks

7. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Login from shell and check /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/... list is there or not?

8. Narayan

Narayan Member

Didnt work

Same problem. The mailing lists i created went in as forwarders. When i checked /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/ . . . what i get is . . .

root@localhost [/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists]# ls
    ./ ../

9. bobilino

bobilino Registered

mailing list problem in cpanel Reply to Thread

Is there a fix for this yet? My host has the same problem and it has them stumped. They blame it on a CPanel upgrade. I have a reseller account and have andertised the mailman feature but of course now it does not work. THis seems to have been a recent change.

When creating a new Mailman list it just says it was created but does not list it, and the forwarders are made as indicated above.

Any help would be great. If there has been a new upgrade to fix this I would be a happy camper...

10. Perdurabo

Perdurabo Registered

I'm running into the same problem now myself, as of 08/09/2005. I've tried updating server software, system software, and backend scripts. Forwarders are created, but not the actual lists. Any thoughts on how to get this resolved?

11. shashank

shashank Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    make sure that mailman is not dead. restart cpanel to start it or use /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/mailmanctl . If its still a problem use this :

Code:
    /scripts/reinstallmailman
    service cpanel restart

still fails then report to cpanel.

12. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

13. bobilino

bobilino Registered

Wow - I can and thats cool. I need to play with Mailman a little more. But I cannot get to http://domainname/mailman/admin/create

Instead I get a 500 Internal Server Error (maybe thats why CPanel also cannot create new MailMan lists?).

Another interesting thing is that I see one of my customers that I added in WHM as a subdomain (not in CPanel) has a list with the same name as mine (test), and they both show up in my list of Mail Lists but not his. Both can be configured as can nay of my lists that were created before this nightmare started.

Any chance they are confusing each other? I am unable to remove either list from either CPanel in Mailman, or create the list in Mailman. Any chance there is a way to create one from teh Mailman interface? I don't care if I have to circumvent CPanel to get Mailman to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

If you need more info please let me know.

14. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

A list created in Cpanel will have the name listname_domainname - while one created directly with mailman will not have the domainname. Probably not a good idea as Cpanel expects to find the domainname. The only list that should have no domainname is called just mailman.

If you use the command line to create a list - just use the domainname also - but Cpanel does a lot of other overhead, i.e. aliases, so that is probably not a good idea.