Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mailing List Question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by cjmwebdesigns, Sep 24, 2005.

1. cjmwebdesigns

cjmwebdesigns Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have been approached by a client of mine who wanted to print his entire mailing list, or download it.

I am aware that once the mailing list hits 30 addresses, it breaks it down alphabetical, preventing the user from seeing the entire list.

Is there a way that I can tell my client how he can accomplish this, or is it not possible?

I have tried to find an answer in several forums, and did a quick search here, but so far cannot find anything.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you talking about just the members of that mailing list? The e-mail addresses? If so you can do the following from SSH. This probably needs to be run as root, I don't think a regular user will have access to it.

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_members <list_name>

The <list_name> should be something like listname_domain.tld. You can see a list of valid mailing list lists, by:

ls /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/list

Once you have the mailing list name, if you run the list_members from above and the list is very long, it may just be easier if you have that list e-mailed to you. Pipe the output of that through the mail program and have the contents mailed to you:

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_members <list_name> | mail -s "List Members" <your e-mail address>

I would recommend sending the list of members to your e-mail address, and then copy and pasting that or attaching that list to an e-mail to your client.

3. cjmwebdesigns

cjmwebdesigns Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Perfecto! A little unix goes a long way.

Thanks for your help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...