The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailing volume

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by droidman, Sep 22, 2010.

1. droidman

droidman Active Member

Hi, i mail a big database that i own at least 3 times per week, this database contains arround 210.000 e-mails and every time i mail them the return path email (bounce@domain.com) gets a lot of e-mails, arround 200mb of bounces, replies from autoresponders, etc. As on any database, this one has like 3 years, there are a lot of bounces, people get a new e-mail, leave their isp etc.
    So to speed up the process, i remove some bounces every time, and the rest i just delete the email and create it again since it is a lot faster than making the login to the webmail and deleting them on horde for example.
    If i forget to clean it, it goes fast to 500+ MB of trash inside it.
    Is it anyway for me to clean it better, or to filter, remove or archive the bounce e-mails? any plugin or function i dont know about ?
    Thanks in advance, i belive that this problem affects more people so... it might help others too.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. droidman

droidman Active Member

hi mate thank you for your help.
    i already use configserver plugins for about some time now, the problem is that they mostly controll the queue, or if they control inboxed e-mails, i dont know how....

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  5. droidman

droidman Active Member

yes that is right. my main problem right now is deleting one by one, 15.000 or more @hotmail.com email bounces since they dont have the "delete from or to domain" option to filter this.

right now this is has to do with the fact that i dont have more then 3000$ to spend just to send my emails with the return path certification. so my double opt-in database, get's all the mails back every time i try to mail them. people are not getting my mails. i have setup domainkeys, rdns, spf, all working properly, only gmail get's them right. even yahoo turns me down.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I apologize for not pointing this out more (the feature I was thinking you'd find useful) but, when you open the account in CMM and scroll to bottom you find a radio checkbox to tick to delete "All". Tick that and hit Delete Selected and you're done.

Of course, this page starts to slow down a bit opening, at around 1500 emails or so for me here. I just checked on an account I know has lots of email on it.

But this is a fast easy way to wipe a box of mail.

Someone much smarter than I surely has a better idea than this.

How about setting the return address with a Forwarder, and set that forwarder to Discard (Not Recommended) in the Forwarders Advanced Options settings?

I've never had to deal with this sort of volume before so suggestions are limited to my experiences.