The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailinglist transfer

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by wptechno, Sep 25, 2005.

1. wptechno

wptechno Active Member

When I transferred from our datacenter to a new one, I lost all of my mailinglists for my clients during a cpanel transfer. I still have the old hardrive with the mailinglist data but don't know how to extract that data and make it work on the new cpanel install. The old hard drive has an expired cpanel licence but I just need to know if there is a location I can go to to get a db or a directory or something with mailinglist/mailman data and them implement on new server. Let me know if anyone has any insight on this.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. omenix

omenix Active Member

any suggestions? I have the same problem..

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think you'll find the mailinglist directory under /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman (obviously relative to where you have the old disk mounted).

You can use commands in the bin directory there to list the list membership and you can then reimport it on the new server. If the commands require absolute paths to be the same as you'd expect on a running system, you should be able to use chroot to work around that. Sorry if this is loose as a goose, excuse any late night ranting!