The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maillists not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Pilgrim, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Active Member

Under mailmenu --& lists --& add list I create a new mail list. So far so good.

I then go to &Edit& to start adding addresses to my newly created list.

A new screen then opens and gives me the dreaded &INTERNAL SERVER ERROR&
    [i:85799c69e3]The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.[/i:85799c69e3]

The same msg you usually get when not setting chmod correctly on a cgi script.

It is a new cPanel install so it is probably just an installation error. However the company I pay for the licence (and the installation) does not seem to be in the mood to solve the problem...

So any help you can give me would be appreciated. Familiar with this error? Had the same problem. Please let me know how you corrected it.

Thx!

2. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

We are also waiting for a solution.. Here's the other thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=4006

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Active Member

Hello Saeed,

Tried what you tried anyway and running /scripts/fixmailmanwithsuexec fixed my problem.

Thanks!

4. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

I'm glad it worked out for you. I guess we're having a slightly different problem..