crowman

Oct 4, 2001
Thanks that did it. It was not as easy as the old system...

I did find out that you do not want to change the REAL_NAME!

This changes the email address of the list and makes it not work at all.

Live with the error until the come out with the fix!

Regards,
Dale Crow
GH1

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by crowman
Thanks that did it. It was not as easy as the old system...

Glad it worked for you. :) I don't know why they made it so difficult. Are not most lists announcement type lists anyway?

largolam

May 16, 2003
Our users are getting this error (and I have tested it myself and confirmed) even if they do *NOT* make any changes to the real_name, and it remains exactly the same as the listname.

It occurs even on a just-creating list, going to the admin section, and changing only something like the list description, and when you hit update, it gives that error.

It seems to be a bug either in Mailman or in the way cpanel has configured it.. Anyone else getting this?

mina

Mar 3, 2002
Originally posted by largolam
Our users are getting this error (and I have tested it myself and confirmed) even if they do *NOT* make any changes to the real_name, and it remains exactly the same as the listname.

It occurs even on a just-creating list, going to the admin section, and changing only something like the list description, and when you hit update, it gives that error.

It seems to be a bug either in Mailman or in the way cpanel has configured it.. Anyone else getting this?

Same here.
Did you open a ticket?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Email 7
S Email 1
M Email 1
D Email 3
J Email 7