The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman admin gone, local delivery failing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by snipe, Oct 4, 2004.

1. snipe

snipe Registered

I upgraded to cPanel 9.4.1-S65 - and now my mailman web admins are missing, and emails sent to the address are returned "local delivery failed". Well I should back up - when I first upgraded, it was just the local deliver failing - when I ran the fix/rebuild scripts, my admin urls disappeared. I can see that the lists still exist by looking at the filesystem, but I need to figure out why the local delivery is failing, and where my admin urls went.

When I run fixmailman, I get:
    /scripts/fixmailman: line 3: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/mailmanctl: No such file or directory
    (and then it goes through the userlist that its processing)
    and then:
    /scripts/fixmailman: line 6: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/update: No such file or directory
    /scripts/fixmailman: line 14: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/mailmanctl: No such file or directory

When I try reinstallmailman, I get:
    Using RPM Backend: RPM version 4.2
    unknown package python2 (ok)
    unknown package python2-devel (ok)
    ln: `/usr/bin/python2': File exists
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailman-install: line 1: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/version: No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman': File exists
    No password set, .. hope thats ok
    User already exists or the username with a dash already exists. at /scripts/realadduser line 98, <PASSWD> line 33.
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman': File exists
    checking for --with-python... /usr/bin/python2
    checking Python interpreter... /usr/bin/python2
    checking Python version... 2.2.2
    checking that Python has a working distutils... configure: error:

***** Distutils is not available or is incomplete for /usr/bin/python2
    ***** If you installed Python from RPM (or other package manager)
    ***** be sure to install the -devel package, or install Python
    ***** from source. See README.LINUX for details
    make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
    Can't open /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/gpl/mailman-2.1.5/src/Makefile: No such file or directory.
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailman-install: line 137: ./bin/check_perms: No such file or directory
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailman-install: line 137: ./bin/check_perms: No such file or directory
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailman-install: line 138: ./bin/check_perms: No such file or directory
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailman-install: line 138: ./bin/check_perms: No such file or directory
    /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/gpl/mailman-2.1.5/cron/crontab.in: No such file or directory
    chmod: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/*': No such file or directory
    chown: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/*': No such file or directory
    chmod: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/*': No such file or directory
    chmod: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cgi-bin/create': No such file or directory

(and then the user list)

I'm at a loss here - what can I do to get these lists back up?

2. snipe

snipe Registered

I managed to fix this, after hours of screwing around with it. I "upgraded" to the release version instead of stable, installed python-devel, and then rebuilt mailman using the reinstallmailman in /scripts/ - that did the trick. What a pain in the toosh.