The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman and Boxtrapper

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Nico, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting scenario that we can't seem to correct:
    You have a Mailman list and one of your users subscribes with an email account that has Boxtrapper enabled. When they subscribe to the list the welcome email is sent out and Boxtrapper replies so that the sender can confirm the message. The only problem is where are these Boxtrapper repiles going? I can't find them in any mail accounts, the moderation queue or anywhere else.
    I've tried setting up a forward for "bounces" and "requests" but the forwards will not work with the exisitig pipes that Mailman has in the valiases file. Any ideas?

Cpanel Ticket #: 46470

#1 Nico, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  2. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Further to this -
    For example's sake let's say the list is called "newsletter"

This is for announce only lists. When the subscribers are added to the list they get an email from newsletter-request@domain.com
    Boxtrapper replies to newsletter-request@domain.com, but the list admin is not able to verify the Boxtrapper request because he does not get the email. I removed this from /etc/valiases:
    newsletter-request@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman request newsletter_domain.com" and then tested with mail -v newsletter-request@domain.com and it still gets processed by Mailman instead of being forwarded to the catchall at "domain.com". Is there some way to bypass the mailman pipe and forward that to another address?

#2 Nico, Apr 13, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  3. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

If anyone else ever has this problem the Mailman list address prefixes are hardcoded into exim.conf and you have to edit them out in order to create a forwarder that will actually work.

4. jdstallings

jdstallings Well-Known Member

what are your settings when people try to post to the list that are not allowed to. I would assume you have the as discard? So if the subscriber has BoxTrapper and BoxTrapper sends a message stating it needs verification back to the maillist, and you have it set to dicard these.. .them it will go bye bye.

Setup mailman to hold the message and see if you can see it in your admin pending transactions.