The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman and Exim ... argh

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Tripster, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Tripster

Tripster Active Member

Mailman: when a reseller deletes a domain any mailman lists are NOT deleted so that those lists receive monthly "reminder" emails.

Exim:
    • Queued email is resent through the virus/spam scanners each and every send attempt ... total waste of resources, my non-CPanel server with twice the processes running uses 1/2 the resources my CPanel server does and I assume this is a big reason
    • If someone is checking via POP3 every minute it locks the mail file, meaning SMTP delivery fails when it tries to deliver, and then the queue does it's "retry time not reached" message for every subsequent delivery for a while (10 mins?). I assume that if SMTP has this file locked the POP3 end will error too, yuck. This becomes a major issue when someone gets a lot of email.

As I type this I am tailing the maillog and watching continual "retry time not reached" errors for a LOCAL mailbox, if a queue builds it gets huge.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Tripster

Tripster Active Member

Another issue ...

Well now I have a catch-22 situation, over 1100 items in queue, but when I try and run said queue to clear it, it brings the resources usage over 4.0 I guess so it shuts down exim delivery.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: