The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman and list lock files

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sparek-3, Mar 23, 2006.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2002
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am having some issues with some lock files being created with mailman. The lock files exist in the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/locks directory. They take the name of <listname>_<domain.tld>.lock. When the lock file is present, users are not able to log into the administrative portion of their mailing list. There have been a few users write in about this, and they usually experience the problem quite often. I have been deleting the lock file whenever they write in, but I am somewhat concerned that perhaps the lock file is there for a reason. Does anyone know why the lock files are being placed there? Is there a particular reason that the lock files are not being deleted. I have left the lock files there for 2 hours or so and they never seem to get deleted. Perhaps there is still a process going on that is requiring the lock file and its just taking longer than 2 hours. But I just really do not know what that process might be doing, or anything about that process. Perhaps someone with more experience with Mailman can shed some light on this.